Best Shoes for Walking on Concrete All Day – Reviews & Top Picks 2016
Frequently walking or standing on your feet all day takes a toll on them. Eventually, you will tend to suffer from foot pain and a myriad of other foot conditions. Therefore, you need adequate shoes to tackle on the challenges of walking on your feet for long hours. In this article, we are going to show you some of the best shoes for walking on concrete all day. They offer the comfort, dependability, and reliability you need.
Best shoes for walking on concrete all day
If you are looking to buy a good pair of shoes that will allow you to walk on concrete for a long time, then here are one of the web’s finest walking shoes.
1. Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4
(4.4 / 5)
(4.3 / 5)
The Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 is regarded as one of the best shoes for walking on concrete all day. It is lightweight and has excellent flexibility. It adapts well to any terrain, whether it is soil or concrete.
- Lightweight: Made from ultra-light synthetic materials.
- Quality synthetic rubber soles
- Durable and anti-slip outsole. The outsole is made from thick and wear and tear resistant rubber compound.
- Shock absorbing: The thick outsole and dual layer midsole do a great job at keeping shock at bay.
- Mesh design: This provides excellent air ventilation to the feet and helps keep them sweat-free.
- Comfort – fit: Heavy cushions used in the shoe ensures that you experience great comfort the whole day; whether it standing or walking on concrete.
The Asics GEL-Tech Walker Neo 4 is a lightweight and very flexible shoe thanks to its rubber compound soles. It literally adapts to your foot, and along with the comfort fit system, your feet are guaranteed to be comfortably tucked in the whole day. This is one of the best models for walking on concrete for a long time. You will not even feel it!
While the mesh does an awesome job ventilating the shoe, it is made from a less durable material that is susceptible to perforations.
Customers rate this model as one of the best shoes for walking all day. It has the good looks, the performance, and reliability to win many hearts. And it does so quite successfully. Most customers love the clean and easy wear of this walking shoe.
2. ASICS GT-2000 3
(4.6 / 5)
(4.4 / 5)
The ASICS GT-2000 3 is a legendary running shoe. It is a revamped version of the GT-2000 2 and offers some significant advantages over its predecessor. It is more cushioned for better comfort and offers great heel support.
- Textile construction. Heavy-duty and industrial grade textile is used. This makes the shoe very durable and also extremely lightweight.
- Lightweight. The textile material weighs almost nothing. The rubber compound soles are also light.
- Gait control. Easy and superior gait control thanks to its streamlined design and arch support.
- Thick 1.25” heel. The heel absorbs shock and distributes it evenly to the midsole.
- Dual-layer midsole – ASICS employs a dual layer technology that adapts to your walking or running pace and foot pound.
- Heel Clutching System: The heel is comfortably tucked in a deep and comfortable heel cup. This ensures that you have more control over your movements, as well as decreases your stop time.
- Water resistant and sweat resistant thanks to the ComforDry Sockliner.
- IGS (Impact Guidance System) – The impact guidance system ensures that the user has more foot control. It aligns the foot and heel to a comfortable position. This also means that you can walk/run for longer periods of time.
The GT-2000 3 by ASICS employs a set of nifty features that matches each other out well. The comfortable midsoles and durable outsole protect the foot from shock and heavy foot pound. On the other hand, the heel clutching system and IGS technology make this shoe the perfect companion for those who run a lot on solid surfaces like concrete. It delivers a comfortable and smooth sailing experience throughout.
Of course, the ASICS GT-2000 is not a perfect shoe. It has its own set of shortcomings. It has a narrower toe box compared to previous versions. It also makes closer ground contact. This can be a great advantage for gait control, but it loses a bit of the comfortability. Especially when worn for many hours and during intense running or walking for a long time.
The GT-2000 3 has a great customer reception and most customers rate this model highly. It has a great sporty look and appears very professional. It is also a great performer, whether for walking or running. People just like it and rate it a solid 5-stars.
3. Mizuno Wave Rider 16
(4.6 / 5)
(4.6 / 5)
Mizuno Wave Rider 16 is a streamlined and professional running shoe that provides great arch support. The comfortable pads are soft and cushy while the lightweight of this shoe makes it a perfect companion for long track running.
- Textile fabric: constructed from lightweight and durable textile.
- Great flexibility. The rubber compound of the sole ensures that it flexes correctly for a comfortable wearing experience.
- Pads and cushions. Mizuno used extra soft materials for the cushions.
- Heel counter – deep heel cups hold the heel in place and absorb shocks.
- Anti-shock – the midsole does an effective job of absorbing and spreading the waves.
- Dynamotion Fit – A comfort fit guaranteed for any foot shape and pronation.
- Smooth ride ensures that pressure points do not build up. This helps prevent pain and other foot conditions.
The Mizuno Wave Rider 16 has a lot of features that makes it standout from its competitors. It is a performing shoe that delivers a lot of performance for an affordable price. Smooth ride technology will prevent you from suffering from conditions like Metatarsalgia and other inflations while the Dynamotion fit provides support for any foot type.
This model has an elevated arch support which means it is ideal for people with a neutral or high arch pronation. Flat feet users might not feel the most comfortable in this shoe.
Mizuno has a huge customer following. The Wave Rider 16 is one of its most acclaimed running shoe and has solid ratings and reviews from its customers. This is most definitely one of the best shoes for walking on concrete all day. The thick outsoles, midsoles and heel cup ensures you never miss on the experience of wearing a true professional running shoe.
4. New Balance MW928
(4.4 / 5)
(4.5 / 5)
An ultra-comfortable walking shoe that offers unparalleled comfort and durability.
- Quality leather construction. This shoe is durable and can easily be clean.
- Anti-skid – simply clean this shoe with a cloth and water and it will look like new again.
- Thick rubber outsole with shock absorption and highly durable.
- Stabilizing Rollbar technology
- ABZORB midsole dual-layer cushioning
- Odor resistant liner
- Lace up system to adjust the fit. Comfortable even when tightened.
Almost everyone who have suffered from a foot condition knows the New Balance MW928. It is a reference walking shoe for concrete that is heavily built. The toe box, heel and arch are heavily supported. If you stand on your feet for long hours, whether at work or at home, this model is built to offer superior comfort thanks to its triple-layer inner padding.
The look of this shoe might not be to the taste of a few. It looks mostly like a medical shoe.
Customers review this model highly and most walking shoes forums and blogs vent the merits of this shoe to the moon and back. The technologies employed in this shoe work well together and customers can’t get enough of this model. Many own more than a pair of this shoe.
5. Saucony Echelon LE2
(4.5 / 5)
(4.1 / 5)
With a more conservative look, the Saucony Echelon LE2 is a great lightweight and comfortable orthotic friendly shoe.
- Lightweight: Specially made from a quality rubber compound and leather material.
- Robust and durable outsole. It is also anti-slip
- Anti-skid and weather resistant. It is easy to clean and somewhat resistant to the elements.
- PowerGrid cushioning system for great comfort and support to the foot.
- 8mm heel-to-toe offset for great arch support
The Saucony Echelon LE2 is an easy pick. It is lightweight and extremely comfortable to wear. The outsole is shock absorbing and heavy pounders will feel very comfortable with this shoe. The midsole equally does a good job spreading the shock. In tandem with the patented cushioning system, this is a very high performing walking shoe recommended for those with a neutral to high arch.
The 8mm midsole offset makes it a bad choice for people with flat feet.
Almost all customers of this shoe like the fact that it is both comfortable and lightweight. They give it a solid rating and rightly so! This is a great choice and one of the best shoes for walking all day.
If you have not found a model that suits you yet, go through the list one more time. The ASICS shoes offer great dependability and performance. They are even worn by professional athletes because of their excellent motion control technology. Despite being performing running shoes, they also retrofit as walking shoes. The Mizuno, New Balance and Saucony in this review are good walking shoes that offer superior walking comfort and support. In any case, if you stand or walk on your feet the whole day, you cannot go wrong with any of those models. Just pick one that appeals to you and your feet type.
What you should care to buy best shoes for walking on concrete all day
There are many different aspects to consider when buying shoes for walking all day. Here are a few of the most explicit features:
- Lightweight: Shoes for walking on concrete all day need to be very light. This ensures that they are comfortable to wear for long hours. A lightweight shoe is effective in preventing foot or muscle pain. It is also generally more pleasant to wear a lighter shoe than a heavy one.
- Cushioning: It is an important part of providing comfort to the foot. Good quality cushioning tucks the feet in and deliver superior protection and comfort. The pads used in concrete walking shoes also retrofit as shock absorbers.
- Shock absorbing: It is important because it efficiently distributes shock created by a foot pound. The harder you pound your foot; the better shock absorbing shoe you will need.
- Flexibility: The shoes need to be made from synthetic leather compound for high flexibility. A flexible shoe will adapt to your walking fashion and offer great comfort. It will also help prolong the life of the shoe.
- Perfect Fit: A perfect fit is important. When your feet are comfortably tucked in, in a fitted shoe, the user will experience greater comfort and superior gait control. The reverse is also true. Therefore, make sure that you choose the correct size when buying for working all day on concrete.
- Pronation: It simply means the way your foot aligns to the ground. Before buying shoes for concrete, make sure you know what your foot pronation is. By knowing the way your foot is aligned to the ground, you will better be able to decide the right shoes for the right foot arch. This will provide a comfortable wearing experience, as well as longer wearing time.
- Build Quality: Branded walking shoes for concrete will last you for years. They are made from high-quality materials that can withstand tear and wear from everyday use. You should always pay a premium price for shoes that have better durability.
- Weather protection: Some synthetic materials used in good quality walking shoes are usually made from a weather-proof material. It prevents water from getting in as well as offer superior protection from the elements.
- Profile and Form factor: A low-profile shoe will provide closer contact to the ground hence better ability to control your movement. A high profile shoe, usually one with a thick insole provides less control but more protection and comfort.
- Breathability: A well-ventilated shoe will prevent the foot from sweating, which in turn causes great discomfort. Choose one with a mesh-design for good airflow to the feet.
If you don't sure which shoes to buy, read the review again and compare to this buying guide