Best Zumba Shoes – Experts Selected for Dancers
Zumba is an exercise/dance invented in the late 90’s by choreographer Alberto Perez. It recently became a worldwide frenzy and today, more than 15 million people actively practice Zumba as registered members. Many millions more practice the dance in the comfort of their home, at their own pace. Zumba is a mix of martial arts, aerobics and dance styles involving a lot of jumping and limb movements.
Clearly, Zumba is a strenuous and demanding physical activity. Consequently, the concerned Zumba practitioner needs adequate Zumba dance shoes. Dance sneakers for Zumba are specially made so as to cope with the intense physical pressure than the dancer exerts on their feet. They provide the comfort and performance that would otherwise not be possible using traditional shoes. In this comprehensive guide/review, we are going to help you find the best shoes for Zumba. Stay tuned!
Best Shoes for Zumba
So, what are the best shoes for Zumba? Glad you asked! Here is a selection of carefully hand-picked shoes that we think are some of the best sneakers for Zumba on the planet.
Let's read the review one by one to see the difference.
1. Bloch Boost Dance
Our rating: (4.2 / 5)
The Bloch Boost Dance is a well-regarded and popular Zumba dance shoe, for many good reasons.
- Good and sporty looking
- Constructed from a lightweight suede. It’s easy to clean
- Mesh design allows for proper air circulation preventing heat buildup and excess sweating
- High-heel of 1.25” and platform of 0.75” provide excellent heel and arch support
- Adapts to your feet arch form with a built-in arch support system
- Very comfortable to wear, mostly because of the arch support and materials used in its construction
The lightweight and suede construction of the Bloch is excellent. It’s a good combination of durability and performance right there.
Not the best shoe for flat feet.
Customers of the Bloch Zumba shoe tends to be also loyal fans. After all, this is a company that has a lot of followers. Most customers rate this Zumba shoe very highly and especially praise its light weight.
2. Capezio DS24 Rockit
Our rating: (4.2 / 5)
A very catchy name for a very performing Zumba shoe. This model has a plethora of features to the moon and back.
- Suede construction for durability and mesh design for good air circulation
- Very spacious toe box
- Split sole – Generally recommended to experience Zumba dancers
- Achilles notch and padded tongue provide great comfort to sensitive zones of the feet
- Non-marking soles allow the user to perform freestyle movements with ease
- Dedicated spin spot and flex points for great maneuverability of your feet. The whole outsole is made from a patented PU material
The exceptional design and streamlined form factor of the Capezio DS24 allows the whole foot to breathe. Coupled with precise spin spots and flex points in the sole, you can do a lot of freestyle motions with this shoe that others will not allow. Definitely one of the best Zumba shoe for women out there.
Only experienced Zumba dancers will feel comfortable in this pair of knockers.
Since this is a professional Zumba dance shoes, customers of the DS24 tend to be more critical about tiny details. While most love this product, a few have complained about the shoe being too small. Observe diligence and look carefully at the size before buying a model of this shoe online.
3. PUMA Cell Riaze
Our rating: (4.6 / 5)
Another iconic sports shoe. The Cell Riaze is a colorful and good looking pair of cans that will knock your socks off.
- Lightweight synthetic materials. Solid construction and durable
- Rubber sole is also anti-slip
- 1.25” platform provide support to the whole foot
- An upper breathable mesh allows for good air ventilation
- Padded heel and midsole
This is a very athletic looking shoe. And it is! The PUMA Cell Riaz easily retrofits as a cross-training shoe. You can easily use it for any other fitness activities, including Zumba. That’s money saved right there!
Not the most specialized shoe for Zumba. Beginners will love it, but experienced Zumba dancers will feel ill at ease on this shoes since it does not have pivot and flex points.
Most customers use the Cell Riaze quite effectively for what it is – a cross-training pair of knockers. It performs well with almost any cross-talk activity you throw at it, not restricted to only Zumba.
4. RYKA Influence Cross Training
Our rating: (4.0 / 5)
A versatile and comfortable cross training shoe that is also a very good Zumba shoe.
- Over 8 color choices
- Anti-slip rubber soles stay firm on the ground
- Padded collar and tongue provide additional support to areas outside the foot
- Wide toe box
- Patented Flex-Foil and Direct-Fuse support technology make wearing this shoe for long hours very comfortable
- Precise-Return insole provides just the right type of bounce since it also retrofits as a shock absorber
The RYKA Influence is the defacto cross-training shoe for many. It offers the right balance to do any fitness exercises with just the right amount.
Color and design might not be appealing to some. Lack of padding in some areas.
The RYKA Influence is an influential cross-training shoe (sorry, couldn’t resist the pun). It performs well in most fitness activities, including Zumba. However, as many have noted, this shoe needs more cushioning as it might be uncomfortable after a while.
5. RYKA Exertion
Our rating: (4.2 / 5)
A simple and yet modern looking pair of Zumba shoes. It comes with a beautiful color finish and is very lightweight.
- Synthetic sole provides great support and comfort
- Low profile and streamlined form factor
- Inside (studio) fitness shoe – meant to be worn exclusively inside
- Pivot point for Zumba dance at the sole
- Mesh design allows for great air circulation to the foot
- Lateral stability every time you set foot on the ground
A very good looking model that is certainly appealing to many women. The low profile simple looks and yet welcoming features make this model a personal favorite for many Zumba dancers.
Mostly designed for inside use. The outsole does not fare well with the outside ground.
Customers of the RYKA Exertion have pointed out the extraordinary arch support those cross-talk trainers provide. It is a highly rated model and for very good reasons. Generally rated a solid 5 stars across the board.
6. RYKA Moxie
Our rating: (4.2 / 5)
The RYKA Moxie is an average looking Zumba shoe that has a lot to offer under the hood.
- Made from high-quality materials for a solid and durable construction
- Reflective motifs can be seen in the dark
- Dedicated pivot points for great spins
- Custom sole allows you to fit your own orthotics
- N-gage EVA foam provides excellent comfort
The RYKA Moxie provides exceptional comfort to the wearer. You can easily fit in your own custom soles and orthotics to this shoe and it will perform even better.
The blend looks might not be very appealing to some.
While most Moxie customers are happy with their purchase, many have noted that the shoe is a little bit too small and narrow compared to the advertised size. The special shape of the Moxie makes it difficult to fit everyone, however, if you get one that fits perfectly – you’re golden!
7. Zumba Impact Max
Our rating: (4.3 / 5)
A dedicated shoe made exclusively for dancing. Most sports shoe will have difficulty competing with this dance shoe as it has technologies specially designed for dancing.
- Textile construction for extreme lightweight
- Z-Compress is an excellent shock absorber
- Z-Brace keeps the foot at bay whenever you land. A very ingenious technology that allows for very precise dance moves
- Z-Slide literally adapts to any floor and provide a linear movement for all of them
- Non-marking outsole further allows for greater maneuverability of the foot
An excellent Zumba dancing shoe that has a lot of technologies for Zumba dancing. Other models simply cannot compete with this one.
A little bit pricier compared to other models in this review.
As expected, reception of the Zumba Impact Max is very good by customers. Most of them note how easy and light it is to make steps with this shoe. They generally love it and have little to nothing bad to say about it.
8. New Balance WX867
Our rating: (4.3 / 5)
New Balance is one of the tenors in the shoe industry. With the WX867, they made a true winner in the hearts of many Zumba dancers.
- Reflective tones (front and laces only)
- Sporty looks and streamlined design for great aerodynamics
- Anti-slip rubber sole
- Strong and comfortable inner pads for a comfortable wearing experience
- Pivot Point outsole for precise Zumba movements
- Breathable mesh with meshed upper tongue
It is a great dancing shoe that is well-constructed and durable. The pivot point allows you to make easy and precise movements with little to no fatigue during an intense Zumba session.
New-Balance advertises this shoe as a “cross-talk” shoe while every indicator, including the feature-set points to it being a Zumba dancing shoe.
As pointed out, many customers have complained that this is mostly a dancing shoe and not a cross-talk shoe. If you are planning to use this shoe for general fitness, it might not be the best model. However, as a Zumba shoe, it literally mops the floor.
How to buy Best Shoes for Zumba
In your quest of finding the best Zumba shoes, there are certain important aspects to consider. Here are a few of them:
- Lightweight is always better
Zumba is very physically demanding, especially to the feet. Most average Zumba sessions are an hour long, which means you will be on your feet jumping and turning all this time. A lightweight Zumba shoe will be less taxing on you and also provide the level of comfort that you need.
- Breathable construction material
To prevent sweat and heat buildup during an intense Zumba session, make sure that the shoe is made from a breathable mesh. Your feet will thank you for it!
- Anti-slip sole is a must
You absolutely need anti-slip soles. This will prevent, or at least minimize the risk of falling and hurting yourself during a Zumba session.
- Comfort is key
After a minutes of Zumba, many users will feel their feet hurting. This is because of the extreme pressure and force applied to the foot area. The best shoes for Zumba provide both support and comfort for your feet. A comfortable shoe is key to limit foot fatigue and allow you to finish a full session like a true sportsman.
- A Zumba shoe that adapts to you
While in a Zumba session, your shoe must adapt well to your movements. After a while, Zumba movements become intuitive and a shoe that does not, or cannot follow your movement well will create severe discomfort. Zumba dance shoes are specially equipped to provide the right type of support you need and literally guide your feet to the next movement.
- Pivot Points help you turn
Zumba involves a lot of turning. Many times, you will need to pivot on your heels. At this point, your whole body weight is centered exactly on your heel. A wrong step and it could mean an injury. The best Zumba dance shoes have a low grip at the heel area to allow you to pivot freely. Conventional sports shoes do not have this feature (they have too much grip or non at all) and should avoided when practicing Zumba.
- Choose between a full-sole and split-sole Zumba shoe
What’s that, you say?
Full-sole Zumba shoes are mostly for beginners. They provide excellent support for the whole foot, including ankles. They cushion the heels, sole, toes, and ball as well as provide extra arch support. Full-soles are very dependable when it comes to protecting the user from injuries and highly minimize pain if any.
They are beneficial to most people, especially those suffering from painful feet conditions. People with flat feet and high arches will appreciate the level of added comfort that full-sole Zumba shoes provide.
Split sole Zumba shoes are geared towards the more seasoned and experienced Zumba dancer. They usually only provide support at the toe area (ball of foot) and heel. Additionally, the arches are given great support but it is not visible on the outsole. Instead, split sole support the arches internally, in the shoe itself. The risk of injury is more severe when wearing split-soles, therefore it is recommended for only experienced Zumba dancers.
- Spacious toe area
A roomy toe area allows your toes to move freely. This, in turn, makes your whole feet “breath”. Additionally, some people with foot conditions like bunions or sufferers arthritis of the feet will be more comfortable with a roomy toe box.
- Shock absorption allows for better maneuverability
When looking for the best shoes for Zumba workout, it is important to consider shoes that have adequate shock absorption. Without this vital feature, your bodyweight force will rebound to your feet causing pain in the heel, arch, and ankle. Good shock absorption also allows for better maneuverability of the feet during a dance session.
- Looks are optional
Good looks for a Zumba shoe is important but optional. Concentrate more on features and benefits rather than looks. However, as luck would have it, most Zumba shoes also tend to have good looks.
Read more: Best shoes for flat feet